February 21, 2009

Oscar Picks


You know that "Would You Rather Game" where you are faced with two despicable choices and you have to choose one? Like: Would you rather have to watch Delta Farce or watch Witless Protection? (For some reason Larry the Cable Guy is making you choose. He is holding your mom hostage or he is going to give you a million dollars or something).  That's how I feel about picking Oscar winners. Let's do this!
Here's the short list.

Actor in a leading Role
Who I would pick: Mickey Rourke - The Wrestler
Who's actually going to win: Sean Penn -Milk
-I've talked too much about meat-face Mickey not to pick him.  But if he doesn't win I hope Sean Penn does as more of a statement against the passing of Prop 8.

Actor in a Supporting role:
Who I would pick: Heath Ledger - The Dark Night
Who's actually going to win: Heath Ledger - The Dark Knight
-Who else are they going to give it to? Michael Shannon? If Heath doesn't win there might be riots in every comic book store across the nation.

Actress in a leading role:
Who I would pick: Kate Winslet - The Reader
Who's actually going to win: Meryl Streep -Doubt
-I'm shooting in the dark with this one. I like Kate, but if you are betting the odds, then you are betting on Meryl.

Actress in a Supporting Role:
Who I would pick: Viola Davis - Doubt
Who's actually going to win: Heath Ledger -The Dark Night
- I think one of the surprises that the Academy is promising this year is going to be giving Heath two awards this year. I have no idea who is going to win this one....

Animated Feature Film:
Wall-E
-Seriously, this movie has the best first 30 minutes of any movie, animated or live action, of this year or of any year. If it doesn't win I will be very disappointed. I would probably get over it though, in time.

Best Picture:
Very Uninspired list of nominees this year. I guess I will pick:
Slumdog Millionaire

And when it wins on Sunday no one will be surprised. Congratulations Oscar you've done it again.  



1 comment: