January 7, 2009

Six-Word Memoirs

So I got a book for Christmas called, Not Quite What I Was Planning: Six-Word Memoirs By Writers Famous And Obscure. It's a good read. Very interesting what people are able to express in only six words. Some are better than others, of course. But this post isn't about the book. Oh no, not by a long shot.
It's about my new time wasting, I-should-be-getting-shit-done-but-I-can't-stop-reading-this, website. Brought to you by Smith Magazine Six Word Memoirs lets you read what people write, summing up their life in just six words. Anybody can contribute, you don't have to be a writer or famous. But it doesn't hurt. Again, some are better than others, of course. I haven't written one yet. If I can't decide what t-shirt is 'me' at Urban Outfitters, how am I supposed to be able to sum up my life in six words? How people ever decide on what tattoo to get I'll never know. How's this for a six word memoir?:

Losing my hair, now I blog.

Hey that's not bad. Maybe I'll submit it.

Update! 01/14/09: Dude! NPR ran a story about this same thing connecting it to a competition for a six word long inaugural speech. TAC-1 NPR-0

Side Note: Possible Tattoo Option #1. I'm thinking maybe covering my entire back with it. Yes? No?

No comments:

Post a Comment