March 4, 2010

Oscar Picks 2010: A cheat sheet


You are probably going to go to an Oscar party and they will probably have an Oscar Pool and you are probably going to need some help. Here's some help:

Actor in a Leading Role
Who's going to win: Put your money on Jeff Bridges, he's no longer unappreciated.
Who should win: Jeff Bridges because he was unappreciated.

Actor in a Supporting Role
Who's going to win: Christoph Waltz, have you heard them talk about anybody else?
Who should have been nominated: Zach Galifianakis for The Hangover. Zach is the reason The Hangover was funny and a huge hit, he carried that movie and he should have been nominated for it. If Sandra Bullock is nominated for the Blind Side Zach should have been nominated too.

Actress in a Leading Role
Who's going to win: Sandra Bullock
Who should win: Gabourey Sidibe. I feel like her and me can be friends and I can say "Remember when I said you should win the Oscar and then you did? That was awesome."

Actress in a Supporting Role
Who's going to win: Mo'Nique. I know, weird right?
Who should win:Vera Farmiga. She broke every guys heart that saw Up In The Air.

Animated Feature Film
Who's going to win: Up-I mean it's Pixar, you can't bet against Pixar.
Who should win: Coraline. That movie scared the shit out of me. I loved it.

Cinematography:
It's going to be Avatar, it has changed how big budget movies will be made from now on.

Costume Design:
Pick a Period piece, it's always the period piece which never makes sense to me because there are a million period films and they all have the same costume design but they still get awarded anyway.

Directing:
Kathryn Bigelow- she's on a wining streak coming into the Oscars, she's going to win and she should win.

Documentary:
The Cove- I have no reasoning for this.

Film Editing:
The Hurt Locker

Foreign Language Film:
The White Ribbon

Best Picture:
Who's going to win: I have a feeling Inglorious Basterds is going to steal this one away now. Be smart and put your money on Basterds.
Who Should win: Up In The Air- Best of the year.

Writing:
Up In The Air (Adapted) and Inglorious Basterds (Original)

For all the other (boring) categories that I didn't get to here on this list, just eenie-meenie-miney-moe it. That's how I do it.


UPDATE: Hey, did Paste magazine kinda copy my post style here? Should I be flattered?



No comments:

Post a Comment