November 22, 2010

A Monday Potluck: Spanish Blondie, Pop Sugar Skulls & Tintin Lovecraft'd

Today dear readers I bring you "a little of this and a little of that" from around the Internet.

First up is a little of this: Illustrated pop culture Sugar Skulls! My favorite is below but you can see more of them here.

If I had a "dia de los muertos" Lego set as a kid...I would have been too scared to play with it. I would have hid it in the freezer. I would love one now of course, but I'm too old. Damn you cruel life (fist shake to the sky)!

You can't go anywhere in the Internet these days without stepping in a big pile of Cthulhu and this blog ain't any different. Mashing up Tintin and H. P. Lovecraft is a brilliant idea and these expertly rendered faux covers are all kinds of fun. Have I read H. P. Lovecraft? Of course I have! I'm American aren't I? Have I read Tintin? Of course not! I'm American aren't I?



Last but not least, here's Blondie's "Call Me" in Spanish. You know, just 'cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment