February 11, 2010

Goin' Back To Wally World!



Vacation Is back! Variety reports that a new Vacation movie is in the works. I have to say from the details so far I am on board with this one. I'm not one to the support beating of a franchise like a redheaded-stepchild-riding-a-dead-horse, but this sounds like it could be fun. I am a huge fan of the first three vacation movies (Yes, even European Vacation) and my family, like a lot of families, is very attached to the first Vacation.

One Vote For Jack
I would recommend deleting from your mind any Vacation movies or spin-offs past "Christmas" and get a load of this...

Wally World is closing down and a grown-up Rusty is going to take his family back to the theme park for one last visit. It is speculated that Chevy Chase will reprise his role as "Grandpa" Clark Griswold. Seth Gordon, who directed the documentary The King Of Kong (See it now if you haven't) is set to direct. Jonathan Goldstien and John Francis Daley are writing. You might remember Daley from Freaks and Geeks and to a lesser extent Bones. In my head I just call him Sam. National Lampoon is not going to be apart of this one, but, really, who cares about National Lampoon anymore?

I'm pretty excited about this because it seems like this has all the ingredients for a movie that I would like. So I hope they don't screw this up. Also, I've found a new appreciation for Chevy because of his role on Community. Which , if you haven't seen yet, you should give a chance, it's a funny show and Chevy is in top form on it. (Side Note: Also Check out Modern Family and The Middle. Two new sitcoms that heavily feature the children and doesn't just focus on the parents which is something that has been missing in prime time lately. But that's a rant for another post.)

I'll leave you with one of my favorite Vacation moments. NSFW, because of foul language in one of the best speeches of all time.


No comments:

Post a Comment