January 16, 2011

Golden Globe Predicitons: The Quick & Dirty Guide



The Golden Globes are on tonight that means it's time to make some picks and place some bets. I am not going to give predictions on every Golden Globes category. I mean, I really just watch the GG to see celebrities get drunk and say inappropriate things on stage. So I am only going to give my quick predictions on the biggies. Ready? 'Cause here we go:

Best Motion Picture-Drama

Who Will Win: The Social Network -The Hollywood Foreign Press will play it safe on this one and give it to the hyped front runner.

Who Should Win: Black Swan- This art-house thriller was able to entertain the average movie-goer and the cinema snob alike. That's not easy to do. I also believe that Black Swan will have a longer lasting impact than The Social Network will.

Also- Where is True Grit?


Best Motion Picture-Musical or Comedy

If you didn't think the Golden Globes were a joke before tonight, then the nominees in this category must have given you a big clue (Payola).

Nominees include: Alice In Wonderland, The Kids Are Alright, Burlesque, Red and The Tourist.

Dude, seriously, I have no idea who will win because I don't know who payed the Hollywood Foreign Press the most. I guess I am going to go with The Kids Are Alright for the win, but secretly I would love it if Burlesque won because that would be madness. Guests will start flipping over their tables and fists will start flying like in a old timey western.

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture-Drama

Who Will Win: Natalie Portman- Black Swan



Who Should Win: Jennifer Lawrence - Winter's Bone

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture-Drama

Who Will Win: Colin Firth- The King's Speech.

Who Should Win: Colin Firth. I mean, come on, who doesn't love this guy?

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture-Comedy or Musical

In this category Johnny Depp is nominated twice just to make extra sure he would come. This is quite possibly the lamest of all the categories this year so I am just going to stick with Johnny Depp for whatever movies he is nominated for.

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture-Comedy or Musical

This will come down to Annette Bening and Julianne Moore, both for The Kids Are Alright. So hopefully at this point Ricky Gervais is drunk and insulting people otherwise the viewing audience will be asleep.

Best Animated Feature Film

Who will and should win :Toy Story 3- Don't be ridiculous, of course Toy Story 3 will win.



Best Performance By an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture

Who will and should Win: Melissa Leo-The Fighter- Surprisingly, another week category.

Best Performance By an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture

Who will and should Win: Christian Bale-The Fighter- You can't tell me he didn't look like a complete crackhead.

Best Director Motion Picture

They are most definitely giving this to David Fincher for The Social Network. If they don't give it to him the entertainment news magazines have lied to me again.



For the TV nominations I'm going to make this really quick and dirty.


Best Series Drama: Mad Men

Best Series Comedy: Modern Family

Best Actress: Drama- Katey Sagal- Sons Of Anarchy, Comedy- Edie Falco-Nurse Jackie

Best Actor: Drama- Bryan Cranston -Breaking Bad, Comedy- Steve Carell- The Office


I will also be tweeting during the Golden Globes Live, so come check me out when you are bored and make fun of the Hollywood Foreign Press with me (@gabecal).



No comments:

Post a Comment