June 7, 2009

Garfield: He's Funny Now


When I was a kid I loved the Sunday comics. My dad used to read them to me using different funny voices for each of the characters with his breath smelling of coffee. One of my favorite comics was Garfield. Little did I know in my childhood innocence how unfunny or nonsensical the Garfield strip really is. Well, other "fans" of the strip, with more time on their hands than I have, are out there making Garfield actually funny.

The best of these asks the question: What happens when you erase Garfield entirely out of the comic? The answer is a lot a jokes at the expense of a schizophrenic loner named Jon. Garfield Minus Garfield.



I'm going to follow this up with an oldie but a goodie, Lasagna cat.


I bet you were just waiting for that mash-up. You can see more here. I recommend you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment